Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO BREASTFEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to save this announcement for a very special day, and I can't think of any better time than now. I AM PREGNANT AND CAN'T WAIT TO BREASTFEED MY BABY! People have questioned for years exactly when I would make a journey to motherhood, and up until now out of all of us kids in my family who didn't have children were myself and my twin. But that's about to change!


I feel such a tremendous joy because I have been wanting to become pregnant for a while now, and couldn't miss out on the opportunity because I know I will be a great mother. Thankfully I already have The Mocha Manual to a Fabulous Pregnancy, Mama's Little Baby: The Black Woman's Guide to Pregnancy, and some other texts geared towards Black women, on the subjects of maternity and breastfeeding, and I can put all of the breastfeeding information I've learned in action. But if you have suggestions or tips then please don't hold back from sharing, and I will definitely keep everyone updated on our progress. Do you think I could be my own doula?

A tremendous 'Thank You' to everyone who has supported my work and my journey thus far. And even more thanks for understanding that this really is a joke, and I couldn't pass up this opportunity to get you all on April Fool's Day. So forgive me, but I just couldn't help myself. Happy April, Everyone. =D