Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

10 Tips for successful breastfeeding (Video)

If I were a new mom, I would want to find as much information as possible to assist with my breastfeeding endeavor. Fortunately enough for me, I have plenty of women around who have breastfed -- sometimes multiple times, so thankfully I would always be surrounded by a wealth of information. But what about others? People who are exposed to limited resources and information, or who need to be exposed to new information? I found this video that list 10 tips for being successful at breastfeeding, and started out with patience, and included comfort, eating right and taking prenatal vitamins to have a great nursing bra and others. Below is the complete list, but aside from what is here and the advice given, what else would you add?


  1. Have patience.
  2. Make sure you are in a comfortable position.
  3. Drink water to stay hydrated.
  4. Eat a balanced meal -- you are what you eat! And what your baby eats, too!
  5. Take prenatal vitamins.
  6. Find nipple cream/gel.
  7. Have a great nursing bra.
  8. Have nursing pads handy to absorb breast milk
  9. Have a good breast pump
  10. Have storage containers/bags available to store breast milk