Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

The ILCA's Annual Conference 2012 = Update



Well, I won't be speaking at the International Lactation Consultant's Association's Annual Meeting next year. I got that email -- the one that starts out very friendly but inevitably ends with "Thanks, but no thanks"! It's OK. I can live with it. I'm sure they had a very large pool of great choices. I have to admit that just a very small part of me is very slightly relieved for the reasons that my nervousness may have taken over. But I'd rather be nervous and speak to mass audiences on things that are important, than to be nervous and not speak to mass audiences on things that are important.

I'm still giving a bit of thought on presenting on Breastfeeding and Feminism at the University of North Carolina, even though time is dwindling to get in an abstract. Maybe I'll find something more local. Either way, I'm not deterred in my mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment