Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

The IBCLC Road Is Longer Than Expected

Well it looks like it's going to take a bit longer to get through nursing school than I thought. No, not that kind of nursing, breastfeeding school! I haven't started any classes yet. The bottom line is these courses have turned out to be much more costly than I expected so I'm working in that area. I looked into federal funding (more student loans, eek) but not sure I'd even want to go that route.

I am still on the right track with gathering information and using what resources I have to move me in the right direction -- marinating, so I am not that worried. But like I said before will be going through and finishing graduate school, so as long as I have the classes done within a specific amount of time I'm good, and I can do that. I am still looking into volunteering and in about a week or so, will be meeting with the manager of the Breastfeeding Coalition of Washington, and I continue to blog since it keeps me active and alert. Yes I would like all of this to happen like NOW, since I'm still that excited about it, but the way I look at it is slow and steady wins, and I am talking to people and learning a ton of stuff -- hopefully teaching a few things, and making a difference along the way. This is all part of it. After all, this is a lactation journey, not a destination.